High: 90º Low: 64º
High: 91º Low: 65º
High; 92º Low: 67º
MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR
Job Title: Master Control Operator Last Update: 7/22/14
Department: Operations Reports To: Operations Manager
Inserts commercials into programming and is responsible for the technical operation of the broadcast signal.
• Inserts commercials in blocks of programming.
• Maintains commercial log, transmitter log, and prepares operations reports.
• Records and plays back syndicated and network programs.
• Programs computers to record and play back programs.
• Tunes satellite to receive programs.
• Checks all on air programming for highest quality in visual/aural product.
• Monitors and reports technical irregularities.
• Prepares character generator information as needed for on air.
• Locks and unlocks Community Room for scheduled meetings.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent certificate.
• Working knowledge of computers.
• Mechanical ability.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Sitting with intermittent moving in a studio environment, lifting of videos and supplies (e.g., binders, etc.), talking & hearing (in person and by telephone), and reaching.
• Differentiation of color, ability to analyze quality of video and audio.
• Manual dexterity to perform technical functions.
• Ability to perform essential duties efficiently and accurately, with or without reasonable accommodation and without injury to incumbent or others.
• Broadcast or electronics experience desired.
• May be required to lift 50 pounds on occasion.
• Audio mixer.
• Lighting equipment.
• Microphones (i.e., wireless, hard wire, etc.).
• Computer terminal and related equipment (i.e., word processing, etc.).
• Character generation devices.