DIRECTOR/MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR
Job Title: Director/Master Control Operator Last Update: 10/30/12
Department: Operations Reports To: Operations Supervisor
Directs pre‑recorded and live broadcasts, as well as performing master control duties.
· Marks news scripts with production instructions.
· Directs pre‑recorded and live broadcasts, including cues, ascertaining correct graphics and video are available.
· Performs editing functions for Community Affairs, Promotion and commercial announcements for on‑air broadcast.
· Supervises master control and studio operation personnel, including delegation of work, coordinating training,.and coaching/disciplining, in the absence of the Operations Supervisor.
· Serves as liaison between news department and operations.
· Inserts commercials in blocks of programming.
· Maintains commercial log, transmitter log, and prepares operations reports.
· Prepares video for next shift.
· Records and plays back syndicated and network programs
· Dubs commercials from master tapes to broadcast server.
· Programs computers to record and play back programs.
· Tunes satellite to receive programs.
· Checks all on‑air programming for quality and arability.
· Monitors and reports technical irregularities.
· Prepares commercial, community service and promotional announcements for on‑air broadcast.
· Participates in station/community relations; ie., county fair, producing promotions, public service announcements, commercial announcements, etc.
· Assists producer/news department as needed.
· Prepares character generator information as needed for on‑air.
· Secures facility by checking locks on doors and security system.
· Locks and unlocks Community Room for scheduled meetings.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent certificate
· Two (2) years television broadcast experience including directing live news content.
· Working knowledge of computers.
· Mechanical ability.
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
JobTitle: Director/Master Control Operator Last Update: 10/30/12
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Sitting with intermittent moving in a studio environment, lifting of videos and supplies (e.g., binders, etc.), talking & hearing (in person and by telephone), and reaching.
· Differentiation of color, ability to analyze quality of video and audio.
· Manual dexterity to perform technical functions
· Valid driver's license and insurability.
· Ability to perform essential duties efficiently and accurately, with or without reasonable accommodation and without injury to incumbent or others.
· Portable/studio television camera.
· Portable/studio video tape recorder.
· Audio mixer.
· Lighting equipment.
· Microphones (i.e., wireless, hard wire, etc.).
· Computer terminal and related equipment (i.e., word processing, etc.).
· Character generation devices.