Automotive Clinic catches fire Wednesday morning

View Map

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) A fire damaged an auto shop early Wednesday morning along Blue Lakes Blvd. North.

Crews from Twin Falls Fire Department responded to the Automotive Clinic approximately at 4:42 a.m., the fire was controlled by 5:10 a.m. Fire Marshall Tim Lauda said it was an accidental fire coming from equipment in the auto shop.

“It started in the shop area in some battery charging equipment,” Lauda said. “It was for equipment that it’s to work on the vehicles, not like a car battery-type chargers."

Lauda said from the officer he spoke to, who was there at the time of the fire, there were no visible flames when they got there, but heavy black smoke was inside the building.

“It was mainly more like a hot smoldery fire,” Lauda said.

KMVT reached out to the owner of the shop, who declined to comment on the record.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus