Boy alerts family of fire after hearing strange noise coming from closet

Submitted photo.
By  | 
View Map

WENDELL, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) — A family of five escaped injury when their Wendell home was severely damaged by fire late Tuesday night.

A Red Cross worker at the scene said a 10-year-old boy alerted his mom who was sleeping in the basement that there was a strange noise coming from his closet. As it turns out, it was a chimney fire that was quickly spreading to the rest of the upstairs area. The quick action may have saved the lives of the four children and a mom who were sleeping.

The house is located along North Road about 2 miles outside of Wendell. The fire damaged the upstairs of the home. A person at the scene said it appeared the roof could collapse at any time. The fire was reported around 10:30 p.m. The crews were hampered by the cold temperatures. Water was freezing as it hit the ground causing very slick conditions for the workers.

A GoFundMe page for the mom and her children have been established.


Submitted photo
Submitted photo


 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus