Fire destroys Gooding shop with personal belongings

View Map

GOODING, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) – A faulty door on a wood stove likely contributed to a fire that destroyed a shop in Gooding Thursday morning.

A faulty stove door likely caused a fire to spread Thursday morning in Gooding, destroying a shop with some personal belongings (Photo courtesy of Gooding Fire Department).

The Gooding Fire Department responded to the 1900 block of Wood River Road on Thanksgiving at about 9:14 a.m. Crews had the fire out in about five minutes. No injuries were reported.

Fire Chief Brandon Covey is investigating the fire and said a person was living in a camper trailer about 30 feet away from the structure. Some personal belongings were lost in the shop fire. The shop was totally destroyed, Covey said.

Covey encourages people to be careful this time of year.


A faulty stove door likely caused a fire to spread Thursday morning in Gooding, destroying a shop with some personal belongings (Photo courtesy of Gooding Fire Department).


 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus