Fire officials: Jerome family temporarily displaced after kitchen fire

By  | 

JEROME, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) - A kitchen fire temporarily displaced four Jerome residents early afternoon Monday near Main Street and Fillmore.

The Jerome Fire Department responded to a call for an investigation around 2 p.m. Monday.

According to officials, the reporting party told crews they extinguished a blaze in the kitchen and "wanted us to just to come and check and make sure everything was OK."

Lt. Dave LaCelle, with the fire department, said when they arrived, everyone was out of the house.

"It seemed to be more than just a very small fire than what was reported. There was a lot of smoke damage to the kitchen. There was a lot of thermal damage to the kitchen," LaCelle said.

The American Red Cross was called to temporarily help the residents and their seven dogs.

"We called Red Cross because we noticed the house was not going to be livable for a few days," he said.

LaCelle said after investigating, they determined the fire happened from cooking. Although not livable for a few days, he said the kitchen and ceiling are repairable.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus