Smoke clears out Twin Falls Chili's

By  | 

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) Customers and employees had to evacuate the Twin Falls Chili's Thursday night as smoke billowed out of one of the vents.

The Twin Falls Fire Station feared the worst at first, but after arriving and investigating they discovered the source of the smoke was coming from a furnace on the roof of the building. The furnace looked to be the only casualty of the incident.

"It looked a lot worse than it was, obviously they lost a little bit of business for a little bit, but they're going to be able to open right buck up in the morning," said Mitchell Brooks, a Twin Falls Fire Department battalion chief. "They'll have that furnace checked out, but we were able to isolate it."

The restaurant was winding down for the day as it was. The incident happened just before 8:30 P.M. Chili's closes at 9:00 P.M. on Thursdays. It was almost 9:30 before people were let back in.

One customer said it wasn't all that dramatic. He said smoke started flowing out and everyone got out. Something Brooks said firefighters appreciated. When they arrived nobody was in the building, allowing them to focus on the source of the smoke.

No Chili's employees could talk about the incident.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus