Trailer home damaged by early morning chimney fire

By  | 
View Map

JEROME, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) — The quick action of the Jerome Rural Fire Department saved a single wide trailer home after flames broke out around the chimney early Monday morning.

Jerome Rural Fire Chief Joe Robinette said they were called out at 3:10 a.m. Monday to 557 North and 200 West. When crews arrived they found the fire had burned near the chimney and down one wall. They spent about an hour and a half making sure the fire was out. Chief Robinette said he would estimate damage to total about $5,000.

Robinette said that by the time they are able to get to a mobile home fire — once they are notified —there is not much they can do to save anything. This time we were really lucky to be able to contain it to a small area.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus