KMVT is currently searching for a full-time morning show meteorologist. This employee must produce and deliver weathercasts from the station daily (Monday-Friday) and make live reports from the field, as needed. In severe weather situations, employee must clearly and concisely present information and graphics to help viewers protect their lives and property. This employee will serve as a fill-in replacement, on call and as needed, to cover shifts unable to be covered by any of KMVT’s other meteorologists.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare and deliver weather over several platforms, including social media
• Responsible for developing all weather forecasts and accompanying computer graphics, delivering on-air weathercasts and live weather reports from the field
• Live “on-the-scene” reporting, especially during breaking news and severe weather
• Effectively communicate information regarding severe weather coverage in a clear and concise graphic presentation
• Provide weather forecasts for partnering radio stations
• Communicate critical weather information, especially during severe weather, to producers and other critical staff members to ensure a consistent and accurate message to viewers
• Work with the News Director and Chief Meteorologist to develop overall strategies and goals in-line with the department and station
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Ensure public appearances in schools and community events are consistent with image and goals of station
• Participate in story selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings
• Must be able to enterprise and field report stories for newscasts under tight deadlines
• Develop and maintain sources in the news/weather/science industry
• Use non-linear editing equipment, as needed
• Proficient with weather computer programs including WSI-Max
• Various shift work will be required. Work overnight/early mornings, weekends, evenings and holidays as assigned
• Perform other related duties as assigned
If you feel you have these skills, please go here to apply: Apply Now!
KMVT is the dominate news source for Twin Falls and Central Idaho. Twin Falls offers great scenic views and diverse recreation opportunities. Winter in Idaho bring the opportunity for snow sports all over the state, and our station is 45 minutes from world class skiing in Sun Valley. When the snow melts you can enjoy mountain biking, hiking, fishing, and picnics. Take in views of the massive Snake River Canyon or tee off surrounded by canyon walls and dazzling waterfalls. Home to the “Niagara of the West”, Shoshone Falls is higher than Niagara Falls and a unique and beautiful site to enjoy. Kayak and explore the Snake River or dine in a great local restaurant, featuring fresh Idaho potatoes of course.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in more than 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge."