WITH RECIPES: Eggplant Dip, Cucumber Sandwich Sauce and Meatball Sandwich
Twin Falls, Idaho (KMVT-TV) Danielle and Chef Jane Deal team up to make a few dishes for our viewers!
Here are the recipes so you can make your own sandwich!
Danielle’s Spicy Roasted Eggplant Dip
1 medium eggplant
¼ c. olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
1 medium tomato, diced
1 medium bell pepper (any color), finely diced
½ c. crumbled goat or feta cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp. fresh basil
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Roast eggplant by broiling it on high for 15-20 minutes, rotating every five minutes. Be sure you poke holes in the skin of the eggplant before you begin to broil it.
2. In the meantime, mix the olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix together diced veggies and cheese.
4. When eggplant has cooled, slice open and scoop the inside into the lemon juice and olive oil mixture. Stir to coat the eggplant in the mixture.
5. Add the veggies in with the eggplant, add spices and fresh herbs and stir together.
Can also be served as an appetizer, warm or chilled, with bread of your choice!
Jane's Cucumber Sandwich Sauce
1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
1 Proost Family Farms cucumber, grated or finely chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbs red wine vinegar
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs red onion, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper
Place all ingredients in a bowl and and combine with a whisk. Allow sauce to sit in the
refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow flavors to develop.
Mediterranean Meatball Sandwich
1 package Simon Boers Sweet Italian Sausage
8 slices Alpicella Bread, or 4 Ciabatta or Sawtooth rolls
Ballardʼs Feta cheese
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap bread or rolls in foil and place in oven for 10-15
minutes to warm. Take sausage out of package and roll into small meatballs,
approximately 2 Tbs of meat for each meatball. Place meatballs in a skillet and cook
over medium high heat, rotating to brown all sides. Turn heat down to medium and
continue to cook for approximately 5-10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
Place meatballs on top of a piece of bread or on a roll. Top with a desired amount of
vegetable salad, cucumber sauce and feta cheese. Top with another piece of bread or
the top of the roll and enjoy (as always) the fantastic flavors of Idaho!