High: 51º Low: 33º
High: 59º Low: 39º
High; 59º Low: 41º
Twin Falls, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) Jill Skeem brings a delicious, vegan soup recipe to Rise and Shine!
Butternut Squash Ginger Soup
4 cups butternut squash, peeled & cubed
1 cup onion, diced
2-3 cups, water
1 Tbsp. ginger juice, freshly grated
pumpkin seeds, roasted
1. Place squash and onion in an uncovered soup pot, add enough water to cover vegetables, add pinch sea salt and bring to boil.
2. Cover, simmer 20 – 25 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
3. Blend with either a hand-held immersion or regular blender, return to soup pot, add 1 tsp. sea salt and simmer 5-7 minutes.
If soup is too thick, add more water along with more salt.
4. Grate ginger and with fingers squeeze ginger juice into soup.
5. Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Rinse pumpkin seeds and add to a dry skillet. On medium heat, stir continuously until golden brown and start to make a slight popping sound.
This recipe has been reprinted with permission from the Comfort Food Gets a Vegan Makeover cookbook.
For more information on "Comfort Food Gets a Vegan Makeover," visit here.