High: 75º Low: 55º
High: 84º Low: 55º
High; 85º Low: 56º
Changes For Watching KMVT, THE CW & FOX 14
Please Read This Information If You Use An Antenna To Receive Your TV Signal. You need To Rescan Your TV To Continue To Receive KMVT And The New FOX Station KTWT!!!!
On Sunday, July 1st, we made some big changes to your TV station programming line-up. This means that viewers who receive their TV signal using and antennae must rescan their TV to receive the new channels. The changes we are making will also affect the KMVT signal as well.
To further explain, if you receive your TV signal using an antenna it is critical that you continue reading this information as we will give you detailed instructions on how to rescan your TV or digital converter box. Additionally, if you use your DirecTV receiver to tune-in your local TV stations, you will need to scan your DirecTV receiver as well. If on the other hand you receive your TV signal via a cable provider like Dish, Cable One, COX or PMT, you do not need to read this document as the only changes you may see is a relocation/addition of some channels on your cable system.
If you are still reading this document that means that you receive your TV signal using an antenna. Again, in this case it is critical that you read, understand and follow the instruction below if you are to receive KMVT or KTWT.
We have a brand new TV station on the air. That station is called KTWT FOX 14. We have also made changes to the channel line-up on KMVT.
Below is a detailed explanation on all of the changes. We ask that you take the time to read all of the information below. If you have any questions after reading the instructions, please do not hesitate to call us at the TV station. Our contact information is listed at the bottom of this page.
KTWT FOX 14
CW KMVT 11.2
Neuhoff Communications Twin Falls has upgraded our local CW Affiliate TV signal to high-definition. The station will be on KMVT 11.2 and will be offered on all of the local cable systems, with the exception of Dish Network. You can CLICK HERE for a channel listing of where the new CW high-definition channel can be found on the various local cable systems. If you are an Over-the-Air viewer or have DirecTV, just as we mentioned above, you will need to rescan your digital device in order to receive the new HD CW station. This change might also affect your ability to receive KMVT 11.1 as well. To be safe, we are recommending that all people in this market who receive a TV signal using an antenna rescan your digital device.
Right now KMVT has two digital Translators in this market. One is located on the ridge overlooking Hagerman and the other is on Kelly Butte (Albion) just Southeast of Burley. If you receive a signal from either of these two translators you must rescan your TV to continue to receive KMVT or the new FOX Affiliate, KTWT.
Here Are Instructions On How To Rescan Your Receiver
There are five simple steps to a double rescan for a converter box or digital TV, which are as follows. You can also click on this link to watch a short video that explains the entire process: (To Watch The Video – Click Here)
1. Disconnect the antenna from the digital converter box or digital TV.
2. Rescan the box or digital TV without the antenna connected. As with any scan, follow the on-screen instructions or owner’s manual for your device. This usually begins by going into the menu for the converter box or TV.
3. Unplug the box or digital TV from the electrical outlet for at least one minute. Make sure it is at least 1-minute to allow for the temporary memory inside of the device to be erased.
4. Reconnect the antenna to the box or digital TV, and plug the unit into the electrical outlet.
5. Rescan the box or digital TV one more time.
6. Your TV or digital converter box should now be completely rescanned.
DirecTV Subscribers Read This Paragraph For Information on How to Rescan Your DirecTV Receiver
If you have DirecTV you will need to follow the instructions below. This usually works on most all DirecTV receivers. If this does not work then please call DirecTV for assistance.
1. Press - Menu on your remote. - from here on you will make selections on screen
2. Click: Parental Faves & Setup
3. Click: System Setup
4. Click Sat & Antennae
5. Click: Reset Settings
6. Press (-) is on remote at the bottom. You will get a loading screen that will last approximately 3 minutes.
7. Click: Continue
8. Click: Initial Setup
9. Enter: Enter Zip Code (use remote 83301). Again you will get a loading screen that will last approximately 3 minutes.
10. Click: Done. Again you will receive a loading screen that will last approximately 3 minutes.
11. Click: Continue
12. Click: Done
13. Click: Exit on your remote.
If the new stations do not appear you may need to disconnect the antennae from the back of the DirecTV receiver. Then you will need to complete all of the steps above. Then you will need to unplug the receiver for at least 1-minute. At this point the memory in the DirecTV receiver box is cleared. Then you will need to reconnect the antennae, plug the DirecTV receiver back in to an electrical plug and then complete the above 13-steps again.
· The New FOX 14 is on KTWT Digital Channel 14.1 (High Definition) and KMVT 11.3 (Standard Definition).
· The CW signal on KMVT Digital 11.2 has been upgraded to a High-Definition signal.
· On July 11, 2012, Dish Network plans to have the new KTWT FOX 14 on their Dish Network system. Until that time, Dish will be broadcasting a FOX Station out of Montana.
· KMVT, KTWT and THE CW will be on all the area cable providers. This includes CABLE ONE, PMT, COX, DISH and the RURAL TELECOM. Dish only carries KMVT CBS 11 and KTWT FOX 14. Dish does not carry The CW.
If you have any questions please call us at the station between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday through Friday. That phone number is 208-733-1100. You can also email the station General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org