Grease Fire Injures Jerome Teen


By Paul Johnson

Jerome, Idaho (KMVT-TV) A 17 year old teen was injured following a grease fire at a home in Jerome this morning. The fire department was dispatched at 8:48 am to 429 West G. According to Deputy Fire Chief Jack Krill by the time the fire department arrived, the fire had been put out. It had been contained to an area surrounding a pan on a stove. Krill said that while he was at the scene talking with a 19 year old male who lived at the home, he noticed an injured 17 year old who had been hiding in the basement. The youth had 3rd degree burns on his left arm, face and foot. Krill said they asked for medical rescue and life flight to respond. The burn victim was taken to St. Lukes in Twin Falls to be stabilized and then was to be airlifted to the Burn Center in Salt Lake City for further treatment. The victims name was not released and according to Police Chief Dan Hall an investigation continues in the case.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates