One Man Escapes Hagerman Home As Flames Destroy It
Hagerman, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) A Hagerman home is a total loss today after fire ripped through it. Fire Chief Tim Peterson said that by the time they arrived at the home just before 7am, it was 50% involved. It took quite a bit of time to extinguish the flames he said. Before it was controlled, additional crews from Wendell, Bliss and Gooding were called into assist. About 20 firefighters were on the scene Chief Peterson said.
The home was located at 900 East and 2773 South.
It appears that the fireplace could be the cause, although that is not official. Chief Peterson estimates the home was about 1800 Square feet in size and worth roughly $200,000. There was one man sleeping inside the home. He was awoke by the sound of the smoke detectors. He was not injured, Peterson said.
The Red Cross has been notified of the fire.