High: 25º Low: 7º
Slight Chc Snow
High: 25º Low: 13º
High; 23º Low: 6º
Additional Area’s Added To Stage 1 Fire Restriction List in Southern Idaho
UPDATED 11:50 AM TUESDAY - The Bureau of Land Management has added all of Twin Falls District BLM lands north of Interstate 84 within Blaine, Camas, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln and Minidoka Counties to be under the restriction.
Boise, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) - With the hot and dry conditions that have hit Southwest and Central Idaho, the Bureau of Land Management said that fire restrictions will be implemented August 1. Local wildland fire protection agencies will implement Stage 1 fire restrictions. The areas will include both private and agency lands protected by the Boise, Payette and Sawtooth National Forests, Idaho Department of Lands Forest Protection Districts, Southern Idaho Timber Protection Association and the Bureau of Land Management offices in the area.
The Bureau of Land Management issued the following list for the stage 1 Fire Restrictions.
• All private, State, and BLM protected lands outside incorporated city limits within Ada, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Washington counties, and portions of Idaho, Adams, Valley, Custer, Elmore, Camas and Blaine counties;
• All Boise National Forest lands within Boise, Elmore, Gem and Ada counties, and a portion of Valley County;
• All Payette National Forest lands (excluding the Frank Church Wilderness) within Adams, Washington and portions of Idaho and Valley Counties;
• All Sawtooth National Forest lands within Elmore and Camas counties, and portions of Blaine and Custer counties.
• All Twin Falls District BLM lands north of Interstate-84 within Blaine, Camas, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln and Minidoka counties.
Under State 1 Fire Restrictions, the following acts are prohibited on the restricted state and federally managed lands, roads and trails:
• Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, stove fire except within an agency designated recreation site and only within an agency provided structure, or on a private citizen’s own land and only within an owner-provided permanent structure.
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, building or designated recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
Following are exemptions to the Stage 1 Fire Restrictions:
• Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
• Persons using fire solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels. Such devices, including propane campfires, may be used in an area cleared of flammable material.
• Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
• Any federal, state or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
• All land within a city boundary.
• Persons using metal fire pans within ¼ mile of the south side Main Salmon River west of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness to the confluence of the Little Salmon River.
• Other exemptions unique to each agency.
For a detailed map and information, visit: http://www.idahofireinfo.blm.gov/southwest/firerestrictions.htm.