Fire And Water Extensively Damage Home Near Bellevue This Morning

Tools

By Paul Johnson

Bellevue, Idaho (KMVT-TV) A home located near Bellevue was damaged by fire early this morning. Wood River Fire Chief Bart Lassman said that they were called to the home at 96 Freedom Loop at 7:26am when a homeowner noticed smoke pouring from the basement area. The Homeowner was actually awoke by her dog but it wasn't until she went outside that she noticed the smoke. The home apparently didn't have any working smoke detectors according to the Fire Chief. Lassman said the fire was mostly contained to a mechanical room that housed a sump pump/lift station. The pump apparently overheated which set the rooms contents on fire. The blaze burned through a main water line that went through the room. When that happened, it acted like a sprinkler system and doused the flames, Lassman said. Unfortunately, by the time the department arrived, it had flooded the basement. In all, the fire was under control in about 5 or 10 minutes but had caused about $150,000 in damage.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates