Overnight Fire Destroys Jerome Home

Tools

By Paul Johnson
By Alexa Tieu

UPDATE (4:00 PM) - No one was home at the time the fire started.

The family living in the home had left the residence and when they returned, smelled smoke.

Multiple organizations are assisting the family at this time.

UPDATED INFORMATION: Food left on the stove is being blamed for the fire.

Jerome, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) - A Jerome home is a total loss after a fire ripped through the structure. The fire was reported by those in the home at 11:51 pm last night. The small home is a total loss. According to dispatch the home was fully engulfed when the fire department arrived. Officials from the Jerome Fire and Police department are continuing their investigation of the fire in Shady Acres at 2422 South Lincoln. Fire Chief Jack Krill said that the cause has been traced back to "unattended food left on the stove." At this time officials are not saying what the total value that was lost. There were no reports of any injuries.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates