Several Homes Evacuated Following Gas Leak In Buhl


By Paul Johnson

UPDATE 2:30 pm - An Intermountain Gas official said the cut in the line happened after a homeowner hit the line with his shovel. Before you dig, officials say you need to call 811 two days before. They will locate all the lines at no charge.

Buhl, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV ) - Buhl Fire responded to a Buhl neighborhood this Monday afternoon when a homeowner accidently broke open a Intermountain Gas line. Fire officials responded to the 600 Block of Laurel Avenue. When they arrived, they determined that nearby residents should evacuate until Intermountain Gas crews could make the necessary repairs. A fire department official said four homes were evacuated and 6 other residents were told to shelter in place. The accident happened just after 2pm.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates