Twin Falls - 51.0 F (10.6 C)
  • Friday

    High: 75º Low: 48º

  • Saturday

    High: 52º Low: 46º

  • Sunday

    High; 54º Low: 34º

Twin Falls High School Evacuated Due To Possible Gas Leak

Tools

By Paul Johnson

UPDATE: 10:04 AM - Students have been allowed to return to class, school officials say. The leaking water heater was located in the gym area and according to Beth Pendergrass, was reported by a teacher and several students. The school officials immediately ordered the school evacuated for safety reasons.

UPDATE: 9:51AM - The gas leak has been located. School Spokeswoman Beth Pendergrass said it was a water heater in the laundry room that was causing the problem. Officials from the school district will allow the student’s back in, as soon as Intermountain Gas says it’s safe.

Twin Falls, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) - Students at the Twin Falls High School have been evacuated due to a possible gas leak. Beth Pendergrass with the school district said she was notified of the situation about 9:20 this morning. The Twin Falls Fire department is on scene and are will allow the students back in as soon as it’s safe, officials say.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates