Unattended Burn Caused Brush Fire That Destroyed Home


By Aimee Burnett

Gooding, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) An unattended burn is to blame for a brush fire that destroyed a home Thursday afternoon.
Nobody was home when the fire broke out at 1650 East and 1700 South.
The flames quickly spread through grass and brush igniting a nearby home.
That house is a total loss.
A family of four living in a separate home on the property is displaced.
The Gooding, Buhl, Bliss, Shoshone and Hagerman fire departments were all called in to battle the flames.
It took about forty-five minutes to get control of the blaze that destroyed about thirty acres.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates