Twin Falls - 62.0 F (16.7 C)
  • Wednesday

    High: 90º Low: 61º

  • Thursday

    High: 82º Low: 57º

  • Friday

    High; 76º Low: 53º

Unattended Burn Caused Brush Fire That Destroyed Home

Tools

By Aimee Burnett

Gooding, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) An unattended burn is to blame for a brush fire that destroyed a home Thursday afternoon.
Nobody was home when the fire broke out at 1650 East and 1700 South.
The flames quickly spread through grass and brush igniting a nearby home.
That house is a total loss.
A family of four living in a separate home on the property is displaced.
The Gooding, Buhl, Bliss, Shoshone and Hagerman fire departments were all called in to battle the flames.
It took about forty-five minutes to get control of the blaze that destroyed about thirty acres.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates