Twin Falls - 54.0 F (12.2 C)
  • Tuesday

    High: 61º Low: 38º

  • Wednesday

    High: 59º Low: 38º

  • Thursday

    High; 65º Low: 43º

Carbon Monoxide Poisioning

Tools

By KMVT News

Twin Falls, Idaho (KMVT-KTWT)

After several members of a Pocatello family died from carbon monoxide poisoning, what can one do to avoid the same catastrophe?

Unfortunately, the gas has no color and no smell.
C–O poisoning victims may initially suffer flu–like symptoms including nausea, fatigue, headaches, dizziness, confusion and breathing difficulty.

C–O poisoning often causes a victim's blood pressure to rise, turning the victim's skin a pink or red cast.

What usually causes carbon monoxide poisoning is combustion from everyday household appliances.

"Carbon Monoxide is going to be a part of the combustion process for many fossil fuels, so wood burning appliances anything natural gas, propane anything like that all."

Hudson recommends the best way to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning is to get a detector in your home.

And have a qualified service professional inspect your fuel–burning appliances at least once a year.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates