Trinity Ridge Fire Closure To Be Lifted On Fairfield Ranger District
Fairfield, Idaho (KMVT-TV) Officials with the Trinity Ridge Fire on the Fairfield Ranger District said that they are lifting the closure to parts of the area effective immediately. According to a news release issued today, Spokeswoman Julie Thomas said:
• All Sawtooth National Forest and Sawtooth Wilderness lands are open (public will not have vehicle access to Atlanta or Queens River Trailheads)
• Roads to Graham, Jackson Peak, Bear River, Hunter Creek, Beaver Creek, Banner Ridge, and Edna/Crooked River Road (only to Willow Creek CG) on the Northeast side are open
• Deer Park remains closed, but the NF Boise River trail upstream from Deer Park is open.
• Trail system from Graham (Johnson Creek) to Black Warrior Trailhead is open.
• Yuba River Road and Trail Creek Trail #064 into the Sawtooth National Forest is open
• Pine/Featherville Road to Baumgartner CG is open.
• Road to Lester Creek GS and Pine (west side of reservoir) is open.
• Ice Spring CG and Fall Creek Road above Ice Spring CG remain closed.
• Middle Fork of the Boise Road between Slide Gulch and Black Warrior Creek remain closed
• Edna/Little Owl remain closed from Willow Creek CG to the NF Boise River
• Granite Creek/NF Boise River Road to Middle Fork Boise Road remain closed
• All other areas that were closed in Revision #5 remain the same (North and West and Southwest sides of Revision #5 Closure Area).
Thomas said they encourage all Forest users to remain cautious. There will continue to be vehicle traffic associated with the fire in the area. In addition we urge visitors to be cautious in areas where fire has touched the landscape. While firefighters have done their best to remove hazards, weather and time will cause snags and other affected trees to weaken.