New Home Under Construction Near Filer Damaged By Morning Fire


By Paul Johnson

Filer, Idaho (KMVT-TV) Fire has destroyed part of a new home being built near Filer. The Filer Fire Department was called to the home at 2455 East and 3717 North at about 9:10 am this morning. What they found was a fire that had been burning in the living room portion of the home for some time, probably starting early this morning, according to Fire Chief Bud Compher.

When the fire department arrived they found that a propane heater had burned through the floor and fell into the basement. Chief Compher said that the fire had broken one of the basement windows and was minutes away from exploding in flames.

Compher said that he would estimate 75-percent of the roughly 5000 square foot home had been built. No one was at the home when the fire started. In addition to the extensive damage in the living room area, the home sustained heavy smoke damage. Actual dollar amount damage estimates have yet to be released.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates