Twin Falls - 63.0 F (17.2 C)
  • Thursday

    High: 75º Low: 60º

  • Friday

    High: 69º Low: 53º

  • Saturday

    High; 74º Low: 51º

Fire Destroys Part Of Bellevue Home

Tools

By Paul Johnson

Bellevue, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) The Bellevue Fire Department and the Wood River Fire And Rescue were called to a house fire at 716 Walnut Street over the weekend. The fire was reported on Saturday at about 4:30. The cause, officials are saying, was kitchen utensils next to the kitchen range. Apparently the stove was left on during the day. The kitchen was a complete loss and the rest of the home suffered smoke damage. A couple and their two children lived in the home. They had returned from skiing when they came home to find the fire. A cat in the home died due to the smoke. The fire department say they responded with nine personnel and two engines. Fire officials say it’s good that the blaze began in the winter while there were no windows open. If it had been in the summer and the windows open, the damage would have probably been much worse.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates