Heyburn Home Damaged By Fire


By Paul Johnson

Heyburn, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) - Flames ripped through a Heyburn home Wednesday afternoon, leaving the person living there, homeless. Authorities from the Minidoka Fire Protection District say the home at 1940 19th Street was completely gutted on the inside. Fire crews received the call at about 3:50 pm. Firefighters battled the blaze for about 2 and a half hours. The cause was a portable heater in the kitchen area that ignited a nearby garbage can on fire when trash fell near the appliance, according to an official from the fire department.
The 1530 square foot 3 bedroom 1 bath home is not livable at this time. The Red Cross has been contacted for assistance.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates