Drivers Advised To Expect Delays On Local Routes During Transport Of Storage Tank
Boise, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV ) - Drivers who may use western and southern Idaho highway routes are advised to expect delays for the transport of a storage tank beginning Tuesday May 27, the Idaho Transportation Department announced.
The storage tank will enter Idaho from Oregon on U.S. 20, and travel to Twin Falls. Between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., it will be using these routes:
- U.S. 20 from Nyssa, Ore., east to U.S. 95
- South on U.S. 95 to Idaho 55 in Marsing
- Idaho 55 south to Idaho 78
- South on Idaho 78 through Murphy to Interstate 84
- West on Interstate 84 to U.S. 20 at Mountain Home
- North on U.S. 20 to Idaho 46
- South on Idaho 46 through Gooding to U.S. 26
- East on U.S. 26 to U.S. 93 in Shoshone
- South on U.S. 93 to Idaho 25
- South on Idaho 25 to Idaho 50
- West on Idaho 50 to U.S. 30 to Twin Falls
The shipment is 88 feet long, 21 feet wide and 22 feet tall. It is legal weight, which is under 80,000 pounds. It will be accompanied by two pilot vehicles in front and a pilot vehicle behind it. Delays will be limited to 15 minutes as much as possible.