Are You Being Exposed To Radon Gas?


By Andrew Reed

Twin Falls, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) Have you tested your home for radon gas?

Radon is a radioactive gas that comes from the natural breakdown of uranium found in rocks and soil, you cannot see it or smell it.

Doctors say, it's the second leading cause of lung cancer.

You can purchase radon testing kits to find out the levels in your home at a local hardware store.

"It changes the's probably a genetic damage that takes place in those cells and triggers the cell to go from normal, well behaved, to cancerous” said Dr. Greg Wicker, asthma and allergy specialist.

For more information on the gas, call 1-800-445-8647.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates