Burley Family Rescued From Home Full Of Carbon Monoxide


By Paul Johnson

Burley, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV ) - The Burley Fire Department rescued a family from a home that had filled with Carbon Monoxide about 12:30 this Tuesday Morning. According to the Burley Fire Department a Cassia County Sheriff Deputy could hear moaning when he arrived at the home in the 1226 Occidental Avenue in Burley.

The deputy had to kick the door in to gain access. That’s where he found three unresponsive people. The Fire Department from Burley rescued two adults believed to be the parents and a juvenile female. The girl had placed a call to 911 before passing out, officials say. She is being credited for saving the life of all in the home. When rescue workers arrived they say the level of Carbon Monoxide in the home was so high that all three would have succumbed within a couple of minutes.

A gas powered electric generator was found running in the basement which was the source for the Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Apparently the family had just moved in the home and power had not been connected.

All three were transported to Cassia Regional Medical Center and later airlifted for further treatment. According to reports, the victims have been identified as Carlos Ramerez, 41 and Jill Zacharias 45 and a 14 year old female. Their conditions and the facility they were taken to by lifeflight were not immediately available.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates