Fire Rips Through Portion Of Bellevue Home
Bellevue, Idaho (Sun Valley Online/Echo Christensen) - As construction workers are working on this spring day building a new Bellevue family home, another Bellevue family is trying to pick themselves up from a fire that took their house on Saturday, March 2nd, 2013.
Both the Bellevue and Hailey Fire Departments responded to the fire as well as the Wood River Fire and Rescue. 2 fire engines including an ambulance had a 4.5 mile drive from Hailey headquarters to the location of the fire. Bellevue fire fighter Skylar Vollmer was the first to respond to the fire as he raced from Hailey to the scene in Bellevue, driving his own vehicle with his hazard lights flashing. He served as incident commander.
As you can see, the house and all around seems normal and in-tact, but the family of four that resided at 716 Walnut Drive of Bellevue, nothing could have been farther from the truth. As of Saturday evening, the majority of the home was ruined due to smoke damage. No structural damage with the exception of the kitchen, which was destroyed. It was where the fire initially started after the oven had been left on with cooking utensils nearby.
All of the family was accounted for and safe, except for the family cat, which died due to smoke inhalation.
Andrea Walton, a family friend stated that the brother of the family has opened his home while he stays at his girlfriend’s home for the time being.
Andrea Walton, a friend of the family said that many clothing and food items have been donated through the church as well as other resources but mainly they are in need of clothing at this time:
Jesse: 30-31 Jeans, Large Shirts
Aby: Size 0-3 Jeans, Small- Medium Shirts
Colson: Size 3T
Tatyim, there little girl has enough at this point in time.
Money donations for future rebuilding and anything anyone is willing to donate would be appreciated and very much needed at this time.
Current Hailey drop locations: Calvary Bible Church (Donated canned goods, miscellaneous clothing, etc..)