UPDATE: Garibaldi's Closed Due To Water Heater Leak
UPDATE Jerome, Idaho (KMVT-TV) Fire crews responded to a restaurant in Jerome for a reported gas leak.
When crews arrived at Garibaldi's Saturday evening, they discovered a malfunctioning hot water heater leaking high levels of Carbon Monoxide and trace amounts of natural gas. This is according to Deputy Fire Chief, Jack Krill.
Approximately ten customers and five employees were evacuated.
Deputy Krill tells KMVT, Garibaldi's is closed until they have a working water heater.
We spoke to a restaurant employee and they hope to re–open on Monday.
ORIGINAL STORY: Jerome, Idaho (KMVT-TV) According to dispatchers, Garibaldi's in Jerome has been evacuated due to a gas leak.
The call came in around 6 p.m. Saturday. We have a news crew headed that way and we'll have more information as it becomes available.