Twin Falls - 50.0 F (10.0 C)
  • Wednesday

    High: 54º Low: 39º

  • Thursday

    High: 60º Low: 43º

  • Friday

    High; 55º Low: 39º

Keep Button Batteries Away From Children

Tools

By Brittany Cooper

Twin Falls, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) When you give your child an electronic toy this Christmas, remember one important thing.

Keep coin lithium battery–controlled devices out of children's hands.
If they're loose, place a piece of duct tape over the controller.

According to Safe Kids, each year more than 2,800 children are treated in the Emergency Room after swallowing button batteries. That's a child every three hours.

The number of serious injuries or deaths have increased nine-fold in the last ten years.

Children's toys, calculators, even singing greeting cards all contain button batteries.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates