Local "Burn" Movie Showing Will Benefit Detroit Firefighters


By Jay Michaels

Twin Falls, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) A movie titled “Burn” about fire fighters in Detroit is coming to Twin Falls next week for a one time showing.

Actor Denis Leary is one of the producers of the movie Burn. His Leary Foundation helps buy equipment for fire fighters who need help.

All of the proceeds of the movie which shows next Tuesday night in Twin Falls will benefit the Detroit Fire Department.

Taylor Hunsaker with the Rock Creek Fire District says, “Their population's cut in half and 94% of their budget goes toward salaries. So that leaves then with 6% budget to do their operating on. We're just trying to help them out and get a little money for our brothers back in Detroit.”

The movie Burn will be shown at the Twin Cinema 12 next Tuesday night April 2nd at 7:30 p.m. You can buy advance tickets online for $15 apiece at http://www.detroitfirefilm.org/events . At the door they'll be $20.

Mar. 28, 2013.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates