High: 90º Low: 65º
High: 95º Low: 65º
High; 94º Low: 67º
Man Electrocuted After Climbing A Power Pole In Gooding
Gooding, Idaho (KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV) A man was electrocuted in Gooding after climbing a power pole.
Police say on Saturday a 27-year old man climbed to the top of an Idaho Power utility pole, grounded himself and was electrocuted; he fell approximately 35 feet to the ground.
Police happened to be in the area and witnessed the event after they received reports of the man acting suspicious. They immediately called for an ambulance and provided first aid.
The victim was taken to North Canyon Medical Center and then air lifted to the University of Utah where he is listed in critical condition.
The incident is still under investigation by the Gooding City Police Department.
We'll have more information as it becomes available.