Twin Falls - 39.0 F (3.9 C)
  • Tuesday

    High: 53º Low: 30º

  • Wednesday

    High: 58º Low: 40º

  • Thursday

    High; 55º Low: 43º

Multiple House Fires In Twin Falls

Tools

By Joey Martin

Twin Falls, Idaho (KMVT-TV) Fire crews in Twin Falls responded to two house fire in less than 6 hours this afternoon due to residents trying to keep warm in the cold temperatures.

At around noon crews responded to a structure fire on 3rd Avenue North in downtown Twin Falls.

The cause of that fire was traced back to multiple space heaters plugged into a single outlet, combined with some very old wiring.

Then at around 5:30, crews responded to the second house fire of the day.

This time on Carney Street off of west Addison in Twin Falls.

That blaze was caused due to some maintenance work gone wrong.

Reportedly the homeowner tried to thaw some frozen metal pipes with a blowtorch and inadvertently caught some siding on fire.

Only minor damage occurred at both locations and no injuries were reported.

The Twin Falls Fire Department would like to remind citizen that with the temperature dropping fast space heaters and heat fans can be nice.

But remember to never overload your outlets with multiple appliances.

And make sure candles and fireplaces are never unattended.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates