Twin Falls - 49.0 F (9.4 C)
  • Wednesday

    High: 67º Low: 46º

  • Thursday

    High: 69º Low: 48º

  • Friday

    High; 71º Low: 46º

Outdoor Stove Causes House Fire

Tools

By KMVT News

Twin Falls, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV )

The Twin Falls Fire Department and Police Department responded to a structure fire at 339 Heyburn West on Sunday.

3 engines, the command rig, and 11 firefighters in total arrived at the home around 1 in the afternoon.

According to Battalion Chief Jack Barnes, they arrived to heavy flames and smoke in the back of the house.

The fire started in an outdoor stove, which was not properly turned off when the residents left the house.

Surrounding fencing caught on fire and eventually caused the exterior of the house to become engulfed in flames.

Neighbors discovered the fire and attempted to put it out with garden hoses while waiting for firefighters.

The majority of damage was done to the attic.

No one was home at the time of the incident.
There were no injuries.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates