Poky House Fire Was Likely Caused By Smoking Near Oxygen
Pocatello, Idaho (KIFI-TV) A Pocatello house fire on Saturday was likely caused by someone smoking near medical oxygen tanks, said the Pocatello Fire Department.
Two people were injured in the blaze.
15-year-old Joeseph Maher has been released from Portneuf Medical Center after receiving treatment for a serious cut caused by smashing out a window to escape. He will have to endure many months of physical therapy.
73-year-old Jack Maher is still in the burn trauma unit at University Hospital in Salt Lake City, but he is recovering.
The home's owner has set up a fund for donations to rebuild the house.
An account has been set up at ISU Credit Union under the name "Katherine Thatcher for John Maher House Fire Benefit".
Deposits can be made at any branch or on the ISU Credit Union Website, www.isucu.org.