High: 74º Low: 48º
High: 75º Low: 43º
High; 52º Low: 34º
Idaho Superintendent Announces Holiday Card Contest
Boise, Idaho (KMVT-TV) Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Luna today is asking elementary students across Idaho to participate in the annual Holiday Card Contest. “The Department’s annual Holiday Card Contest is a great way for Idaho students to showcase their artwork and for the state to recognize the importance of arts in education,” Superintendent Luna said. The contest is open to all public school students in grades K-6. One drawing will be selected to be published on the State Department of Education’s Web site at www.sde.idaho.gov and used as the Department’s holiday greeting card. The child who submits the selected artwork will receive cards for his or her own use.
The following is a list of instructions for the 2012 Holiday Card Contest:
1. The contest is open to public school students in grades K-6.
2. Drawings should reflect winter scenes in Idaho appropriate for seasonal correspondence, and should not include copyrighted images such as Garfield the Cat, Bugs Bunny, Digimon characters, etc.
3. Drawings should be on 8.5” by 11” paper in a landscape format.
4. Drawings must be properly labeled. Write the name of the student, the student’s grade, district, school, and the teacher’s name on the back of the artwork. Please make sure this information is legible. (If you submit multiple grade levels, please keep the entries for each grade level separate.)
5. Students may use as many colors as they wish in their drawings and may use watercolors, colored paper, magic markers, crayons, or some combination. Students are encouraged to completely fill the page but keep the design simple. Too many details tend to get lost in the design. Bold colors work best for the printing process. Please note: Fabric designs and pencil drawings are not suitable to our printing process and will not be selected.
6. Students must be advised that entry into this contest constitutes (1) a waiver of all copyrights students have in their entries, and (2) permission to republish entries without compensation.
7. Drawings will not be returned.
8. The winning entries from each grade level will be published on the Idaho State Department of Education Web site at www.sde.idaho.gov.
9. Submissions must be postmarked by Friday, November 9, 2012. Results will be announced in December. Drawings may be mailed to:
State Department of Education
Attn: Portia Flynn
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0027