Boise Firefighters Respond withFull High Rise Fire Response after Candle Causes Sprinkler Activation


By Paul Johnson

Boise, Idaho (KMVT-TV) Boise Firefighters with a full high rise response yesterday afternoon at 3:51pm after a candle caused a sprinkler activation at the Grove Hotel in Downtown Boise. Fire department officials say the candle was burning in a Halloween decoration left outside one of the residential condominiums on the 15th floor. According to the fire department, the hotel suffered no fire damage but the sprinkler activation caused water damage to the 13th, 14th and 15th floors of the high rise hotel. The hotel was briefly evacuated with only a minor disruption to ongoing business.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates