High: 86º Low: 57º
High: 74º Low: 51º
High; 71º Low: 50º
Orofino, Idaho (CNN) - Investigators in Orofino, Idaho say the five people killed during a house fire on Saturday, all died in their sleep.
They say there weren't any working smoke detectors in the home.
The victims were two adults and three teenagers.
One of the teens was a friend who had been over at the house for a birthday celebration.
At least one neighbor tried to help make the family and their friend aware of the fire.
I went and grabbed a rock and I ran over to the window and threw a rock through the window and started yelling get out, get out, as loud as I could, and I was probably like seven feet from the house.
They were just -- it was shooting everywhere, high. You could tell, the whole front of the house, you can see -- flames were shooting out the back window there about 6-8 feet tall, and it was very devastating to watch and see.
The Spokane, Washington fire department responded to the home.
They say it appears the fire was caused by an overloaded power cord.