Twin Falls - 69.0 F (20.6 C)
  • Wednesday

    High: 94º Low: 66º

  • Thursday

    High: 79º Low: 61º

  • Friday

    High; 84º Low: 52º

Boise Home Extensively Damaged By Late Night Fire

Tools

By Paul Johnson

Boise, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) - Fire ripped through a Boise home late last night, prompting firefighters from the department to send a warning about the Bar-B-Q season that’s on. The two alarm fire was reported about 11:30 pm Sunday in the 5700 Block of Hallmark Court Near Castle Hill Way. Fire crews contained and then extinguished the fire that ended up severely damaging the home. Firefighters were able to keep flames from spreading to any neighboring structures. The fire is believed to have been caused by a trash can that contained ashes from a barbecue. The fire prompted the following response from the Boise Fire Department. "With the outdoor cooking season in full swing we all need to be aware." Says Boise Marshal Romeo Gervais. "Proper disposal of hot ashes has to be planned out safely ahead of time."
Never discard hot ashes inside or near the home. Place ashes in a metal container with a tight fitting lid outside and away from the house. Ashes should never be disposed of in plastic containers, cardboard boxes or paper grocery bags. After the ashes have been in a metal container for one week, they will then be safe to dispose of in your trash.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates