Boise Home Severely Damaged By Fire


By Paul Johnson

Boise, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) - Investigators from the Boise Fire department say that a cigarette discarded in a flower pot of very dry peat moss sparked a fire that heavily damaged a west Boise home Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters responded to the home at 4:21 yesterday afternoon after a call from a neighbor who said flames could be seen in the front of the home in the 4700 block of West Pennfield. Boise Fire Battalion Chief Jim Gross said firefighters were able to work quickly and stop the fire before it could spread further into the attic which kept fire damage contained to the front portion of the house. Two adult males live in the home. Damage was extensive enough, however that they are not able to stay in the home. Firefighters offered services from the Boise Fire Union Burnout Fund and the Red Cross, but the residents said they had family locally and declined relief services.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates