High: 62º Low: 45º
High: 72º Low: 38º
High; 65º Low: 44º
Increased Participation Noted In Idaho Insurance Website
BOISE, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) – Your Health Idaho numbers released from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services today show plan selection by Idahoans has quadrupled in the past month. The report represents marketplace metrics since the exchange opened on October 1.
In Idaho, there have been 9,505 completed applications on the marketplace for coverage available through Your Health Idaho, representing 15,048 Idahoans eligible to enroll in a Your Health Idaho plan. Of those 15,048 - 7,133 applicants have taken an important step of applying for and have been deemed eligible for the financial assistance. 1,730 Idahoans have selected a health insurance plan from an Idaho carrier.
“I am pleased to see such a high interest from Idahoans. We are hearing success stories from all around the state of people getting online and getting coverage – some for the first time, said Amy Dowd, Your Health Idaho executive director. “Now that the federal application technology is working more smoothly, we are confident that even more Idahoans will be getting health insurance through the marketplace in December and beyond – and that’s a good thing for Idaho.”
Through the Idaho marketplace, tens of thousands of Idaho consumers are accessing the tools and resources made available, including:
• Idaho based Website: The website at www.YourHealthIdaho.org has had more than 120,000 unique visitors generating more than 618,000 page views.
• Idaho-based call center: The Consumer Resource Center has received has handled nearly 6,500 calls from Idahoans and answered more than 500 emails since the start of open enrollment.
The tools available on www.YourHealthIdaho.org include:
• Premium Assistance Estimator Tool: Idahoans can use this tool to calculate if they may be able to save on their monthly premiums if they are eligible for the advanced premium tax credit.
• Plan & Rate Information Booklet: This document contains information of the individual and family health plans that are sold on Your Health Idaho. http://www.yourhealthidaho.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/YHI-Plan-Information-10_29_2013e.pdf
• Enrollment Planning Worksheet: (Coming soon) This document helps people understand the various way that they can enroll (online, paper, phone) and helps organize information prior to starting the process.
For Idahoans who are looking for coverage and need help in getting an application completed there are several options available to find in-person assistance:
• Consumer Connectors, including agents, brokers and In-Person Assisters are available across the state to help Idahoans look for the plan that is right for them and their families.
• Consumer Resource Center is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST. They can also be reached toll free at 1-855-YH-Idaho (1-855-944-3246) or via email at email@example.com.