Twin Falls - 54.0 F (12.2 C)
  • Wednesday

    High: 60º Low: 41º

  • Thursday

    High: 55º Low: 43º

  • Friday

    High; 50º Low: 35º

Elderly Woman Injured In Boise House Fire

Tools

By Paul Johnson

Photo courtesy of KBOI TV Boise.
Boise, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) - Boise Firefighters rescued an elderly woman from her burning home at 11:41 pm Tuesday night. Firefighter say the woman suffered leg burns, and was sent to the hospital for treatment. They don’t believe the injury was life threatening. Officials say the fire was considered a flash fire, a fast moving, intense fire. It was hard for crews to fight due to the intense flames and the large amount of contents inside the home. Most everything had to be removed from the home before firefighters could make sure they fire was fully extinguished.
Investigators believe the fire may have started from a propane gas buildup from a heater that was being used inside.
The fire is a reminder to all homeowners to use appropriate heating equipment.


Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates