Kids Hurt After Science Project Explosion
Seattle, Washington (CNN) - Two cousins in Seattle are recovering after an explosion Sunday at this house.
They were working on a science project.
The father of one of the boys says they were apparently trying to start a fire in the fireplace and may have used rocket fuel from their school work.
The explosion broke windows in the living room and kitchen.
It also sent some debris into the back yard.
Investigators found several homemade fireworks bottle rockets, small aerial display mortars and a skyrocket.
Police say they took the items to be destroyed.