High: 60º Low: 48º
High: 58º Low: 39º
High; 67º Low: 39º
Boise Fire Department Quickly Douse Fire At Abandoned Sawmill
Boise, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV ) - Boise Firefighters worked quickly to contain flames inside a hopper at a former sawmill east of Boise Monday night.
A passerby reported seeing flames just after 7pm. The witness told authorities there was thick smoke coming from outside of one of the buildings in the 1600 block of East Yamhill Road at South Federal Way.
Welders had been working in the area earlier in the day using cutting torches to dismantle the former lumber yard. Firefighters believe that either heat or a spark from the cutting ignited the sawdust. No injuries were reported and damage was minor.