High: 22º Low: 5º
High: 22º Low: 9º
High; 35º Low: 20º
Authorities Search For Missing Yakima Woman
Boise, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) - Idaho authorities have teamed up with the Yakima Sheriff department as the search is on for a missing Washington Woman. Police believe that someone in Boise may be able to help in the search for Estela Rios-Gonzalez, 30, who left her home in Toppenish Washington on October 1, 2013. Her vehicle was recovered Friday in a Garden City McDonald’s parking lot. The 2002 Chevrolet Van was abandoned in the parking lot sometime back in early October.
Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez was last seen in the company of her ex-boyfriend, German Garcia, 40, in Yakima County. Neither has been seen in weeks.
Yakima County Sheriff’s Detective Dave Johnson, the lead investigator in the case, says “there are extraordinary circumstances in this case and we believe someone in the Treasure Valley may have clues as to the whereabouts of Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez.”
Det. Johnson offered the following timeline associated with this case:
• October 1, 2013: Estela Rios-Gonzalez left her home in Toppenish, WA (Yakima County)
• October 2, 2013: Family members reported Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez missing to authorities
• October 2, 2013: Detectives learned that both Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez and her ex-boyfriend, Mr. Garcia, were leaving a Casino together in Yakima County at about 1:00 AM. They were in her Chevrolet van – she was a passenger.
• October 4, 2013: Detectives had tracked Mr. Garcia to the Treasure Valley area.
• October 8, 2013: Seeking public assistance, police broadcasted a description of Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez, Mr. Garcia and the van.
• October 10, 2013: Detectives learned that Mr. Garcia had stayed one night in a local Boise Motel alone.
• October 25, 2013: Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez’s van was recovered abandoned at a local McDonald’s restaurant.
"We need the public’s help in locating this mother of three who has not been in contact with her children or family for almost a month now”, Det. Johnson said.