Blackfoot Man Who Killed Woman Will Not Face Death Penalty
Bonneville County, Idaho (KIFI-TV) - A Blackfoot man who killed a woman in Bonneville County last year will not face the death penalty under a plea agreement reached Tuesday.
Adan Arroyo, 23, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in connection with the Jan. 19, 2013, shooting death of Kristy Aschliman.
According to the Bonneville County Sheriff's Office, the conditions of the plea agreement are as follows:
• The state will recommend a sentence of 27 years to life, with Arroyo free to argue.
• Arroyo will give an interview with law enforcement for full disclosure of the facts of the crime, including other parties that may have been involved.
• He agrees to waive appeals.
• He agrees to pay restitution.
• The state will drop the notice of the death penalty and will dismiss the possession of dangerous contraband while in jail. Arroyo was accused of making a weapon out of a toothbrush in April.
Arroyo's sentencing is scheduled for June.
Photo Courtesy of KIFI-TV