College Science Experiment Leads To Hazmat


By KMVT News

San Marcos, California (CNN) A hazmat crew had to be called after a fire erupted on a college campus Friday night.

A spokeswoman for Cal State San Marcos says a chemical reaction went wrong during a science experiment.

The building was evacuated and one student was taken to a local hospital.

He's been treated and released.

Officials at the school say Friday’s fire will not affect Saturday’s science day event.

That's what the students' experiment was for.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

KMVT Breaking News Alerts

Morning & Afternoon News Updates