Pocatello Home Explodes In Flames Injuring Two Early Sunday
Pocatello, Idaho (KIFI-TV) There is not much left of a home that exploded in flames early Sunday morning. Now a mother is desperately trying to get from Oregon to Pocatello.
Crews battled the blaze at 817 north Arthur in Pocatello. 73-year-old Jack Maher is in critical condition at university hospital in Salt Lake City.
Jack's daughter Katherine Maher owns the house, and her dad takes care of it while she's away on business. By phone Maher said. “A house is a house, that's not important... I just am worried about my dad and my nephew and figuring out what to do next. For Katherine Maher who works in Oregon, living a distance from her second home in Pocatello is the normal. But right now she feels like she's a million miles away. “My kids dad lives in Idaho, so I go back and forth.” Katherine keeps the house to have a place to spend time with her kids while she's in town. And my dad was just basically living in the house for me so that... He needed a place to live and I do all my house sitting in between trips...
But on Saturday night the unthinkable: Katherine got a call from her niece. The house at 817 North Arthur was engulfed in flames... Her dad and nephew were inside no one's sure how he got out. My nephew went out through a bedroom window and when he got out; he saw that my dad was already out...
The Pocatello fire department says Katherine's nephew Joseph and her dad jack were found lying on the front lawn... Joseph is recovering at Portneuf medical center... But jack is in critical condition at the burn unit at the university hospital in Salt Lake City. I just want my dad to get better. A spokeswoman for Portneuf medical center has confirmed Katherine’s nephew Joseph is out of surgery for some deep cuts suffered in his escape from the home. He is in fair condition.
The fire department says some of the loud explosions during the fire were caused by Jack Maher's medical oxygen tanks inside the house.